Otrzymaliśmy 42% naszego celu ..
Przekaż dowolną kwotę na rozwój naszej społeczności Aby uzyskać więcej informacji Kliknij Tutaj!

Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
Chicago starter Travis Wood didnt get run
CHICAGO -- Anthony Rizzo called his first two at-bats a battle. Ray Allen Jersey . The last one was a whole lot better. The first baseman capped his return to the Cubs lineup with a walk-off home run in the ninth inning that gave Chicago a 1-0 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Monday night. Rizzo had missed the last 18 games due to a back problem but led off the ninth by driving a 1-0 pitch from Pedro Villarreal (0-1) over the wall in centre field. Rizzos homer was his 31st of the season and gave Hector Rondon (4-4) the win after he pitched a scoreless inning of relief. "The game is over (with) one swing of the bat, and its a good feeling," Rizzo said. Thanks to the end of the minor-league season, Rizzo didnt get a chance to go on a rehab assignment before returning to work off some rust. It showed when he struck out against Alfredo Simon in his first two at-bats. He was credited with an infield single in the sixth. In the ninth, Rizzo looked as though he had never left. "He certainly made the adjustment in his last at-bat," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. Chicago starter Travis Wood didnt get run support and couldnt earn his ninth win despite producing one of his best outings. Wood threw six scoreless innings and allowed three hits. Simon gave up five hits in seven innings. The Reds right-hander, who is 3-0 against the Cubs this season, was a pleasant first-half surprise but had been struggling recently. He was 2-7 with a 4.96 ERA in the second half before a strong outing on Monday. "This is my first season with the Reds to be a starter and I want to show them I can be a starter for a real long time here," Simon said. "I try to finish strong." He might have earned a win if Cubs centre fielder Arismendy Alcantara didnt run down Kristopher Negrons drive to right-centre with two outs in the eighth when speedy Billy Hamilton was on first. "The ball that Negron hit, he absolutely crushed that ball out to right-centre," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "Alcantara made a great catch." Cubs right fielder Jorge Soler went 1 for 3 after he missed a weekend series in Pittsburgh due to the birth of a child. TRAINERS ROOM Reds: 1B Joey Votto took infield during pregame warmups but didnt take part in batting practice. Votto (left quadriceps) hasnt played for the Reds since July 5 but did take underhand flips in a batting cage on Sunday. Cubs: Renteria said SS Starlin Castro (sprained left ankle) is improving but "hes not likely to be able to come back" this season. Renteria also said starting pitcher Edwin Jackson (right lat strain) will throw a simulated game this week. UP NEXT Reds: RHP Johnny Cueto and Cubs RHP Jake Arrieta will face off on Tuesday. Cueto (18-8) will attempt to match Dodgers LHP Clayton Kershaw for the most wins in baseball this season. Cueto is 5-1 with a 1.84 ERA in his last nine starts against the Cubs. Arrieta (8-5) leads the Cubs with a 2.82 ERA. MINOR MATTERS The Cubs named Single-A Kane Countys Jen-Ho Tseng their minor league pitcher of the year, and Triple-A Iowas Kris Bryant their player of the year. Chicago general manager Jed Hoyer said "its way too early to speculate" whether Bryant will make next seasons opening day roster. YOUTH MOVEMENT Recent call-ups SS Jake Elmore, RF Yorman Rodriguez and LF Jason Bourgeois were in the lineup as part of a look-see for some of Cincinnatis younger players. "This is a great opportunity for them to play and for us to get a little more evaluation time before spring training in 2015," Price said. D. J. Wilson Jersey . He was signed to help with depth to the receiving corps because of the loss of Shamawd Chambers to the 6-game injured list. Khris Middleton Bucks Jersey . Jovanovski, the 2012 champ seeded fifth, will meet surprise Japanese qualifier Misa Eguchi on Friday. Eguchi, ranked 183rd, qualified for her first WTA main draw this week, then beat No. https://www.bucksrookiesshop.com/Oscar-R...on-Jersey/ . The thunderous cheers quickly changed to an appreciative chant: "Ma-son! Ma-son! Ma-son! Headed to New York with new life, Mason sure earned this curtain call.NAPLES, Fla. -- Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was arrested on a reckless driving charge for the second time this year after officers clocked him going 110 mph in a 70 mph zone. A news release from the Florida Highway Patrol said a white Mercedes driven by the 23-year-old Cuban defector was pulled over around 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Authorities said Puig was arrested and charged with reckless driving and taken to the Collier County Jail for processing. Puig lives in the Miami area during the off-season. Dodgers spokesman Joe Jareck declined to comment on Puigs latest arrest. In April, when he was still in the minors, Puig wwas charged with reckless driving and speeding after Chattanooga, Tenn. Giannis Antetokounmpo Jersey. ., police clocked him going 97 mph in a 50 mph zone. The charges were dismissed in November after Puig completed community service in Los Angeles. Puig was an instant sensation with the Dodgers last season, batting .319 with 19 home runs and 42 RBIs. He helped them reach the NL championship series, where they lost to St. Louis, and was runner-up for the Rookie of the Year award. Puig signed a $42 million, seven-year contract in June 2012, a record for a Cuban defector. He received a $12 million signing bonus and made $2 million last season. ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Nedds24.pl, to bardzo przyjazne forum wielotematyczne. Zapraszamy do darmowej rejestracji! Kliknij "rejestracja" i...
Dołącz do grona Użytkowników!

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości

O nas

Nedds24.pl - Najlepsze Forum i Radio Młodzieżowe na którym możesz porozmawiać dosłownie o wszystkim - począwszy od rozrywki, na finansach i polityce skończywszy. Każdy znajdzie tutaj dla siebie swój ulubiony kącik w którym będzie się czuć jak w domu. Dla nas nie ma tematów tabu. Porozmawiasz w kulturalny sposób o czym tylko chcesz i dzięki nam poznasz wiele wartościowych osób. Zapraszamy wszystkich którzy mają szeroki zakres zainteresowań i chcą o wszystkim co ciekawe rozmawiać do woli. Jest to forum zarówno dla kobiet jak i dla mężczyzn, którzy internet traktują nie tylko jako miejsce spotkań, ale także jako źródło wiedzy i wymiany poglądów.

Szybkie linki

Reklama